Silva 3.0 RC Released
Publication date: 1.October.2012, 09:55
Infrae is pleased to announce the Release Candidate of Silva 3.0. This major new version sports a completely rebuilt and state-of-the-art user interface. It’s entirely Ajax-driven and much more userfriendly, responsive, and performant. Silva 3.0 also includes a new visual editor running on top of a new Silva Document. For site managers, the Code Sources have been refactored to use references and are maintainable on the file system. Silva News Network has been refactored as well and sports new calendar functionality.
- New Silva Management Interface (SMI).
- Site authors and editors now use the CKEditor.
- Editor zoom functionality makes it possible to edit and preview in a wide screen layout.
- A new Code Source Service allows Code Sources to be managed efficiently. It list all usable code sources there is in the site, and give quick access to them. In a glance, you can determine which are the broken Code Sources in your site. You can also install Code Sources directly from the filesystem. They will be installed on demand, using the latest code from the filesystem. The definition of Code Sources from the filesystem is extremely simple as well. After they're installed, you can update a Code Source in the ZMI from its filesystem definition.
Silva content layout
This extension provides two content types which give you more layout flexibility, and ease of work:
- Silva Page: resembles a Silva Document but instead of having a single column of content it contains predefined sections, called Slots, to which you can add a variety of Components.
- Silva Model: A Silva page model allows you to create a model for a specific type of page that can be reused as a template for a page with optional restrictions.
New developer features
- Major cleanup of the APIs, all methods used by the old SMI have been removed. When needed, adapters provides the functionality now.
- Silva root creation process has been reviewed and implemented as a suite of events. This makes it possible to have extensions that plug actions in at that moment. There is no longer a large install method.
Improved code sources
- Flash Source
- YouTube Source
- GoogleMaps Source
- Silva 3.0 requires Zope 2.13 and Python 2.7
Check out docs.infrae.com
What is Silva?
Silva is a powerful CMS for organizations that manage multiple or complex websites. Content is stored in clean and futureproof format, independent of layout and presentation. Features include versioning, workflow system, integral visual editor, content reuse, sophisticated access control, multi-site management, extensive import/export facilities, fine-grained templating, and hi-res image storage and manipulation.
Silva 3.0 should be installed using buildout:
FMI contact Sylvain Viollon, sylvain at infrae com, +31 10 243 7051.