Silva 1.5.9 Released
Publication date: 12.December.2006, 17:08
12 december 2006 – Infrae has just released version 1.5.9 of the Silva content management system. This is a maintenance release that improves performance, exposes Firefox spellcheck capability, and fixes various minor issues.
Changes in Silva and related products
An abridged list of changes follows. For complete details of the fixed issues see HISTORY.txt in the packages.
- Changed calls from getMetdata to getMetadataValue where possible, resulting in a significant performance gain.
- Fixed unicode bug in Indexers.
- Fixed a number of minor bugs.
- Bugfix for empty strings in aqcuirable metadata fields blocking acquisition. Thanks to Nico Grubert for the bug report and fix.
- When images exist in a document and the author scales one, the display in Kupu can be cached by the browser and doesn't update properly. The editor frame is now reloadable with the right-mouse button so authors can force a reload.
- Previously Kupu had a right-mouse button menu. This has been disabled, with the intention of exposing the spellcheck functionality that is built into Firefox 2.0. This means, if you are using FF 2.0, text in Silva is automatically checked. Dictionaries for all major languages are simple to install.
- The modification time shown when viewing a folder is now taken from the default document.
What is Silva?
Silva is a powerful CMS for organizations that manage complex websites. Content is stored in clean and futureproof XML, independent of layout and presentation. Features include versioning, workflow system, integral visual editor (Kupu), content reuse, sophisticated access control, multi-site management, extensive import/export facilities, fine-grained templating, and hi-res image storage and manipulation.
For more complete information, see the Silva Product Pages at http://infrae.com/products/silva/.
The package can be downloaded from: http://infrae.com/download/Silva.
FMI contact Eric Casteleijn, eric at infrae com, +31 10 243 7051.